I'm hoping to get some feedback from some of the EC's here. I'm sure you've been down this road before.

I responded to a classified ad today. The ad was "experienced electrician needed for new residential work." So I called and told them I'm ready to start as soon as possible. We discussed my background and experience in the trade. Then he asked me how much I was looking for per hour. I gave him a number which was a little bit more than what I was making last year. I offered to take less than what I originally asked for so I could prove to them over a period of 4-6 weeks that I A) knew what I was doing, and B) was worth what I was being paid for. Then they said someone would call me back soon to come in for a sit down for an interview.

To make a long story short, they called me back in less than 30 minutes and made me an offer and want me to start Thursday. The offer was $6.00 less p/ hour than what I was looking for, and $3.00 less p/ hour than what I was previously earning. That's a difference of $12,480 and $6,240 respectively.

The job is close to home and they're a reputable company that's been around for at least a dozen years. They also told me I'd be wiring up apartments, condos, and some new custom homes. I would like to take this job, and know that I can do the work, but not at the rate that was offered. Any suggestions on how I should proceed to get the numbers to where we can both be happy?

Thanks.