Residential service call this am. Dogcrap here, catcrap there, house almost falling down. Then to the wiring, Harry Homeowner special DIY everywhere. Then I find the existing wiring, cloth wrapped, ungrounded, in terrible condition. I'm just thinking about the potential liability here, I know I'm not responsible for something unless I touch it but in retrospect I wish I would've just walked out and politely declined to do work. Harry Homeowner also used emt in the upstairs br's and the pipe was energized in 2 rooms, not properly grounded, of course because it was tapped from an ungrounded circuit and no attempt was made to ground the pipe. A hot was touching the tiny box used to mount the receptacle energizing the entire conduit run. I found that on my own, I wasn't even there for that problem. I wrote a book on the invoice documenting everything I found and had him sign it but I still wish I just would've walked out and asked him to call someone else, like maybe one of the handymen in my area who install services for $500 complete and do service work for $15 per hour. Opinions anyone?