Hello to the group. I am currently writing up a business plan and planning my move into self employment in the Electrical Service field. I have a few questions however so that I can more accurately approximate what my true stock and overhead might be for my business.

I plan to start a flat rate residential service business. What I am wondering is what items you stock and how many on your trucks? Can some of you give me some ideas of what and how many of each you carry?

Also, I plan on using a 3/4 ton pickup truck with a construction type topper with side doors etc... inside is a slide out floor so that I don't actually have to climb into the truck bed all the time.

For ladders I intend on carrying with me a 3' step ladder, 6' ladder, 10' ladder and possible a smaller type of extension ladder. Is that wrong or does it sound about right for the typical day in the field. What are your thoughts and ideas.

As for my experience. I have 5 years of commercial experince including holding the title of foreman running 1.5 million electrical jobs. On the other end, I have done everything from track homes, to multi million dollar custom homes to service calls in residences.

So any insight to the above questions, plus anything that you may thing is important for me to think about would be apprciated.

Thanks,

Dave