Well, I thought I would share last nights activities as it was a first for me. We are tapping into two 12KV manholes to provide power for two new substations at an international airport. The manholes are in the street in the middle of the roadway where people are dropped off and picked up. (You know," the white zone is for loading and unloading only") Luckily this airport stops flight operations at 10:00PM so we have a 7 hour window to get machinery in there, dig. This was the second night and everything was going great...and then... THE BACKHOE HIT A GAS LINE! That's when it all starts. Panic mode. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] The fire and sheriff departments rolled and the Sheriff closed the road way into the terminal. This is all at about 3:30AM and they start loading plans at 6:00. To make a long story short the hazard was cleared without two much delay and people were let in to get the airport up and running, but the gas line is probably still not repaired as I write this. So the restaurants will be serving pastries and orange juice this morning I guess. [Linked Image]

PS: Yes we called Dig alert prior to digging and did our due diligence in trying to obtain accurate as built info from the airport so we should be out of hot water. It still makes for an interesting night!

(Flash back to what was going through my mind)
Flight XXX Delayed
Flight XXX Delayed
Flight XXX Delayed. You get the picture!