Trumpy,
Ya gotta quit these walks down memory lane, it's killing me!!

1987 - I had been in business for 5 years, it was the beginning of the recession around here, but I still had about 25 - 30 guys working for me, we were doing a lot of commercial and mall type work. It would be another 3 years before the recession would get to me at all and 5 before I said there must be a better way (people were taking jobs at my cost or below for 2-3 years).

Friends of mine were already having extreme problems, mostly from injudicious use of credit, but none the less it was the beginning. Times had been good for awhile in 87, so fond memories of the year.

Course, being 7 in the 1977 answer, that would have made me 17 in the 87 answer....that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. [Linked Image]

I'd been teaching for the Virginia Apprenticeship Council for 3 years, good thing they didn't mind the teacher being so young!! [Linked Image]

Nope, good memories of 1987, but lotsa hard times and changes ahead in retrospect.

Lemme see, I was 17 in 87, so by 91 I would have been old enough to legally drink....AND SHOULD HAVE!