Scott: Thanks for sharing these pictures. I hope you will post more of these. I have also seen several of these panels in use (and I am fortunate to have a couple in my collection [Linked Image]). Most of the ones I have seen have been installed in mobile home systems, and I have seen them wired a couple of different ways. In addition to the conventional way you describe - main pullout + six branch circuits - I have seen them wired where the main conductors are connected to the sub-feed lugs located between the pullout and the plug fuse section, then the pullout is fitted with 50 amp fuses to supply an electric stove. I would guess that this is probably not "kosher" and is a violation of code or violation of listing for the device (since I believe the device is rated for 60 amp...not to mention the fact that the plug fuse sockets cannot be de-energized prior to replacing a burned fuse).

...All 30 amp fuses in there, huh...I'd be willing to bet that the only wiring in there better then No. 14 or No. 12 was the main conductors!! [Linked Image]

Mike (mamills)

[This message has been edited by mamills (edited 04-22-2004).]