I received a call to a turn of the century home which was experiancing partial power loss... I arrived and asked the home owner the normal questions.. She told me her kitched power was sporadic... when I was getting ready to head to the panel, she states that "The pennies in the fuse box may need replaced!" =O I find the fuse box & low & behold.... old pennies behind 30A fuses (I don't think I've ever come across a lower rated Edison base fuse in a panel that I didn't install myself!) Anyways.... a crispy burned K&T splice was located in the attic above the only receptacle in the kitchen (which was behind the stove).... Which had a 6-way "Gem" tap plugged in, with a power strip also... connected appliances were.. washing machine, gas dryer, microwave, toaster, Mr. Coffee, stove igniter, refridgerator & a portable dishwasher!... Enclosed are pics of the 30A 120V fuse box which was finally laid to rest in my garage, along with the 6 way which was pretty close to going from dangerous to catastrophic! (Nope, the 3 prong wasn't grounded btw).

-Randy (Lostazhell)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]