I dunno about ya'll location's but here in Tx, there are alot of companies (industrial) that are big on Multi-tasking. In fact most of them won't Hire an "Electrician" They want a mechanic w/ electrical experience.
And from looking at the infrastructure of they're plants it shows.
Before I found my current job I did numerous interveiws at these type places.
One of the companies was a place that made Dock safety equipment, and they tried to get an ISO (?) 9000 certification, the inspectors walked in and left w/in 30 minutes. the place was that un-safe. and the Maintenance manager was teling me that he expected me to "Fix all the problems in 2 months, and then basically from then on I would be doing mechanic work, and welding"
He was really big on everyone knowing how to weld, he even wanted his engineers to learn welding. (like that was going to solve his problems).
IMHO I think it's a dis-service to even go this route.
I did another interveiw at a company that also wanted "a mechanic w/ electrical experience" this was at a cake factory, they (even in the wet areas) did everything in either emt or SO cord, and also had control panels w/ gaping holes in the side of them.
They also had these freezers w/ auto defrost sytems that didn't work (electrically) so they had a mechanical solution, instead of replacing the bad solenoids, they went for the manual valve turning solution. I didn't walk from this interview, I ran to my truck .............lol