I recieved a moderately severe head injury while working and have to say that it is one of the worst things that anyone can go through - what makes it so bad is that there is no real outwardly visiable indication - its all in the head as they say.

I worked for a contractor supplying the british army with facilities support out in Bosnia, I was stationed near a little town in north west bosnia called Sipovo - it was back in '98.

We went out for a meal at one of the locally employed labourors houses a summer barbeque and then the on call technician came down to pick us up afterwards. We never made it back. I was a front seat passenger and the landrover struck a truck parked at the side of the road.

I work up some time later in Sarajevo - had taken a severe knock on the head and had been in a coma. My condition worsened and I was medivacced back to the UK where I ended up in the nurological centre in southampton. I had a sub duran haemotoma bleedig below the membrane that surrounds the brain and this was pressing down on my brain. I needed surgery to remove this pressure and I underwent what they call burr hole, a couple of holes drilled into my skull and the blood clots removed.

The ramifications of this accident had an effect on me for a long time afterwards - if truth be known I still suffer from time to time. I had my drivers licence taken away for six months - they had to see if I had any fits after this type of surgery.

I suffered from flash backs - disturbed sleep and post trumatic stress. I can tell you to look death in the face and then walk away leaves a lasting impression, you tend to question alot about yourself and life and what you hold dear. Suddenly things that were important before become insigificant and vice versa. I walked away from that learning so much more about life and what I was about.

Lawyers got involved as things turned ugly with the company that I had worked for. Dismissed for mis use of company property.

Yeap I should maybe write a book about it all as well if I could stop some one just someone from getting in a car after having a couple of drinks or even like I did from getting in a car with someone that had taken a few drinks then I would have achieved something. I would be pleased that I had stopped someone from going through all that I went through.

Oh the experiance out in Bosnia ? I can tell you I saw some amazing things electrically that would have kept this board going....

Ruggedscotty