Oops, that should read cord & plug in the title. Our corparate safety guru's are here now. These are guys who have never gotten their hands dirty. Today one of them asked me how to lock out the conveyor in front of us, I repectfully replied" there is no LOTO provision on the starter" and I removed the cord cap from the recpt & tagged the cord. The safety guy then said that is OK unless you get a certain distance away,he specified no distanc though. He then offered no more advice as to how to secure it.

Do any of you use the plug lock-out devices or how do you hadle it.? I thought if the cord was tagged then it is the same as locked out and that anyone who plugged it in would be violating LOTO? But instead it seems they wanted to write me up on it and that I was to blame. Sorry for the long post but it is just very frustrating to follow what our in-house safety guy says and then have the corp boys want to nail you for a violation. BTW our in house safety guy is worthless, I have argued about the 3' clearance in front of switchgear with him before. Also had several other issues with him.

[This message has been edited by spkjpr (edited 05-11-2004).]

[This message has been edited by spkjpr (edited 05-13-2004).]