Are electric fences legal in NZ, Trumpy? If so I would think warnings have to posted.

About the worst I have seen was when I lived in a low income apartment. The folks (being nice here) next door had their electricity turned off for non-payment, so they had someone run a wire from the outside stairwell lamp to the inside. the wire was covered with
a small decoration to hide the handiwork

It didn't take more than a microsecond for the property owner to catch on and they got a visit from the police.

Not at all surprised at the "Damage It Yourself" stories.

============================================
I'd like to add one that really competes for first place, but it's outside the electrical
trades. A building inspector in Washington State wrote about this experience. I hope your jobs are far safer.

When people do not keep up their property, they get a visit from the police or fire department. One city manager thought it would
be "friendlier" if the building inspector made such calls.

The city manager could probably sell refrigerators to eskimos, as it somehow made sense until said inspector made his first call.

A house owner had closed his second hand furniture shop and had furniture all over the
yard, plus a few out of code makeshift sheds.

He walked up to the house and was about to knock when the door opened slightly and a shotgun was pointed at him. The voice growled
from behind the gun, "what do you want?"

"I'm the city building inspector, and..."
"I don't care who you are, get off the property!"

He did, went back to the city manager, and told him, "never send a boy to a man's job"
as he handed the case over to the police.

[This message has been edited by GeneSF (edited 09-08-2005).]