Ahh, I should have elaborated on the fuses.

The 80A fuse is found in mains for buildings or commercial/industrial settings. Never in a home unless it's a large farm or similar. DIV comes in sizes 80 and 100A only and is not very common as there are other fuse types competing for the market.

The 35A fuse is used like the above but also as main fuse for flats. It is the largest single phase supply and probably the most common. The cooker is then connected to a 25A fuse. DIII comes in sizes 32-63A and is common.

The 10A fuse is used for lighting and socket outlets. It is by far the most common size and type. It probably makes up 80% of all Diazed fuses in Sweden. DII comes in sizes 6-25A. (Other sizes on special order) These are the fuses seen above my meter. The design has proven to be very robust and reliable and even today, some sparkies stay with the Diazed fuses.

The 4A fuse was used for lighting and socket outlets in the 1930's and a few still remain in use. DI comes in sizes 4-16A. It can't be described as very safe: The screw caps are too larg for the fuses making them difficult to insert. The porcelain "socket" in the base of the box that prevents overfusing offers a better fit. You can remove the screw cap and the lightweight fuse stays in place - live! It is tempting to pull it out by hand...

My supply is on one of these. Originally 10A, the porcelain socket has been smashed to allow a 16A fuse to be inserted. As you can tell by the markings next to the fuses, the supply is 2.5 mm2. Two phases have been brought to the box but only one continues to the meter.

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 08-29-2005).]