John,
No problems, mate. [Linked Image]
Chipmunk,
I can still hear my mentor now.. "Dress that d*** cable, looks like a dog's hind leg, do it neatly, *DON'T yank on the seal like that*... Kids today.."
Oh and you had them comments too?. [Linked Image]
I'm glad I worked with Pyro during my time, it's certainly saved some suprises when turning up to Industrial and some Commercial places, only to find the wiring has been run in Pyro.
I realise that it's use is rather limited but I believe it's one skill every Electrician should have under thier belt, especially jointing it.
Even though it's not being used like it was earlier on, there is still a chance you'll come across it sooner or later.
Which brings up another thought, these days with respect to Electrical apprentice training, there seems to be a lack of knowledge from newer Electricians (ie: just registered) in the repair or replacement of older wiring systems, like Steel conduit, wood trunking and of course Pyro.
It seems that the majority of trainees only ever get to work with standard PVC cables and standard fittings and once they go out on thier own, they've never worked on any "legacy" wiring systems, which could use any number of different (and strange) fittings and wiring methods.
There, that's my rant for today!. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]