Thanks to Chipmunk for the following:
This substation is right next to the local supermarket. I will see if I can get a closeup of the transformer identification plate without getting arrested, which clearly states 33kv/6.6kv No1. (I assume the transformer further away is No2, but I can't get close enough to see).

I had assumed that everything round here was 11Kv, but it is one of the older parts of town, I shall have to either ask one of the PoCo crews working at the sub, or look at some of the smaller residential substations to see if the primaries are 6.6Kv.

The second, and blurrier picture is the busbars apparently teeing off to another local substation. From memory, the 3 groups of cables are labelled (from left to right in the photo) Bitterne, which is the location of this substation; "Chilling" (which is the local 'main' sub, 132Kv if I recall correctly). It's also one of the interconnections from Fawley Power Station, but I think that switching is National grid, and it's just co-located; and Woolston, which is another local district.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 05-01-2005).]