Danger of Death, but not necessarily from the power, in my area its more likely to be from a rotten pole falling on you or your house

Funny you should mention that. The poles themselves in my little settlement seem to be reasonably secure, but some of the wiring is in need of attention.

It seems to have settled down this last year, but the year before that we had 24-Seven out about five times in a month repairing bad splices. One time I had a neighbor come round and ask me to look up at the pole in her garden:

"Is it supposed to be smoking like that?" [Linked Image]

I had two calls to local houses about the same time which turned out to be bad neutrals on the supply. Just as well the homes weren't PME, but some around here are, and the whole network is supposed to be secure for PME.

At another pole the underground feeder from the nearby sub has the armor almost corroded away to nothing in places as it runs up the pole.

You can really see the green on a lot of the cables, and BT have also had a lot of problems with corrosion. That's what we get for living right by the beach on the North Sea. I guess.

By the way Dave, I see you're located in Clacton, or maybe Jaywick? I haven't been down that way for years -- Used to have a holiday caravan on Mersea Island about 30 years ago when I was a kid. [Linked Image]