What's your preferred method for providing power to the typical detached garage, shed, or workshop? And what's your favored method of wiring within?

For the feed, I prefer buried SWA wherever possible, as it's relatively easy to do and keeps much of the outdoor wiring out of sight, which seems to be a desirable point with many people these days. (And in a lot of cases, the owner is happy to provide some of the labor for digging the trench [Linked Image] ).

I'll generally go with overhead only if it's impractical to route underground (e.g. concrete paths and patios all the way) or if there's some other reason that the owner requests it.

Internally, assuming a block garage or a shed/workshop which won't be dry-walled internally, I prefer to run everything in PVC conduit. Twin-&-earth might be acceptable, but to me conduit just makes the installation look far more planned and better quality.

Maybe years of seeing horrendous shed wiring with T&E just hung on nails with twisted & taped splices has influenced my thinking though. What do you reckon?