The only holidays we have over here during the Summer are the Xmas and New Years ones
(if you are lucky enough to get them off!).
I find it amazing here, that there are no actual Public Holidays during the Winter months, Easter is in Autumn here.
Just a small point here Paul, why on earth do people that work in Banks need a seperate holiday, considering that they don't start work until 9am and only work until 4:30pm?.
Sorry just being silly!. [Linked Image]
Well, there guy's, what do you people eat during these festive occassions during your Summers?.
Lots of salads, cold meat?.
Or a BBQ?, any Regional variations on the BBQ, BTW?.
Us guys and to a certain extent the Australian folk just Grill plain or Marinated Beef, or Pork or Lamb.
Coming from a country that actually produces this sort of fare, it's un-ususally expensive here!. [Linked Image]
But myself and a few people from the Abbatoirs that I used to work at, got in with a local Farmer, to provide us with a Full "body" of Beef every Summer and I usually end up boning the thing out, to give T-Bone steaks, Sirloin, and Rump steaks for all in the "Syndicate".
For NZ$50, per year, between the 5 of us, as well as Boning charges to me, NZ$35, it's just great and we all get together to taste the first cut!.
Fill your freezer up, no problems, my friend in the Syndicate, vacuum packs it too!. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 02-23-2004).]