I discovered in the last time, that there's 90VAC on the screens of my hifi cables, where my PC, TV, VCR, Hifi Appliance are connected to. you can feel it well when holding a Chinch plug and touching the metal backside of my satellite receiver [Linked Image]

I measured a current of 9 mA to Ground. Is this normal???

the problem is, none of all the said Appliances is grounded, except the PC. but i guess there is no connection from the Jack Plug receptacle on the Soundcard to the case ground.

Just a few miutes ago, i discovered something very intreresting. My laptop always made a slight special disturbance noise when connected to a TV or Loudspeakers.

I have just running the Laptop in my parents livingroom for watching DVD, and guess what. I can hear the Noise of the Laptop when I turn up my Amplifier.

So the noise must travel from the 1st floor to the roof via the satellite cable, and from the Sat dish to my room at the 2nd floor, into the Receiver, via the Scart cable to the TV, from the TV via the Chinch cable to the AMP. Hell.

connecting the coax cable shield at the Receiver to the Wall outlet's ground does only eliminate the noise about a third.

Question: Would i solve the Problem by grounding the satellite dish's support, as it is not?
Do i need to hook it up the Lightning Protector at the roof?
there's the Support for our Overhead line 5 meters next to the dish. it's connected to the lightning protector outside.
Can i also connect the two supports inside of the roof? Or is this illegal?

[This message has been edited by :andy: (edited 11-23-2003).]