djk,
That's a good pic of a Phased Array UHF Aerial, we get really good results over here in NZ with these aerials, but boy are they expensive, so we normally end up using a Yagi-type Aerial arrangement, for most customers.
Paul,
I went to do a Fault-finding job on a customers set-up the other day.
And I have to say, that it was the tidiest, most well thought-out TV/Radio/DVD/VCR and Audio Reticulation System that I have EVER
seen put into a house by anyone!. [Linked Image]
Everything was marked correctly and at ALL plugs, he had a system diagram with coded outlets and he had a "Central Systems Hub" in his roof void, where he had all the system amplifiers, connectors, etc, all neatly laid out in a way that would make a TV systems tech shed tears(Why aren't they all like this?).
We got to talking and I found out that he was a Labourer that had scraped and saved for the last 10 years to make up and install this system and I commended him on his eye for detail.
The reason I was called there though, was because he had no Terrestrial TV (VHF/UHF) reception, which I traced(by use of my trusty Field Strength Meter) to a cut down-lead as it went into the house under the steel flashing(another guy had installed the aerials, due to the owner being scared of hieghts), so I pulled in a new D/Lead and sealed the area where the cable entered, with RTV to prevent the cable being cut again, too.
We checked the picture on his Big TV and he was happy!. [Linked Image]