I think it is the same in all industries, many years ago in the mining game, I was a shift electrician, and you knew every time you were called to a machine, the operator would be telling you constantly how to fix it, or that the last electrician fixed it in this panel here!!!
The best I had was when I was called to fix a Tamrock an underground electric/hydraulic drilling machine. When I arrived and repaired the machine, the operator said that his mates machine, in the next drive was also broken. I thought this was a bit strange, when I arrived at the second machine and asked what was wrong. The operator said that his machine was working ok, but he opened one of the control panels to show his mate how to fix his machine, and when he closed it again his machine wouldn’t work. Well it was a simple fix, the panel door limit switch needed a little adjustment. I think that would have been the last time this bloke went in messing with something he shouldn't have, especially since they were paid contract on the footage they drilled per shift.