this is very instering suject to disscussion here therefore right now i am in usa now and i see the northamerica system pretty clear and i will make it clear here if you use the north american breaker to use the europen system it can i say it can but cant say yes but you have to rember to derate some how with diffrent HZ in usa they do test it with 60 hz but try to test some breaker with 50 hz it dont really work with some type but can use the international type like iec or ec type to meet other coutries and they will listed on the spec sheet what breaker will approve for both 60 and 50 hz i will try to find some details asap and the other question about useing 277/480 volts breaker yeah you can use it but i cant hold it responity and it is not my risk to say ok to use it without see it myself or the spec say can use 215/400 system ( common voltage in europe) and you say about corner ground system in usa we use straght 240 breaker not the 120/240 breaker due the corner ground system it and the second moot point that you have to rember that corner ground system wild leg ( or whatever you call it i cant say too many word here he he smile ) from mid tap to c phase run 208 or 190 volts depending on set up and 120 volts breaker cant meet the code at all and safety too i will expain more later with wild leg later

merci marc
ps if need more question just ask us we will try our best to help you

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)