Mmm what a load of utterly useless and probabally inaccurate information!

Reminds me of a girl from the US midwest who arrived for a college placement here in Ireland having taken one of those sites way too seriously:

She had Schuko adaptors, BS1363 adaptors, BS546 round pin adaptors! a vast array of spike protection and power filters and came prepared for anything from 127 - 240V AC or DC!

Reality: you won't find anything other than a BS1363 socket feeding a steady 220-230V 50hz AC usually very stably. Have had computer plugged in without spike protection since the early 80s and have never had a problem! We don't even get much thunder lol.

BTW why do people keep drawing the UK plug upsidedown with the ground pin at the bottom! I have never seen a socket outlet installed that way. It would be slightly messy considering that the cord comes out of the bottom of the plug.

It seems however that power adapter manufacturers seem to assume these diagrams are correct. Most plug in power bricks I've seen on the market here are upside down! when you plug them in the writing's upside down and the cables come out the top!