Trumpy.
to many times mate, far to many times.

just one ( of many ) time comes to mind,

I was called to a bakery in the centre of a large city,
our company had originally wired the site (on two floors) the supply was 600 A per phase, supply comes in from the road into a rather large (1000 A) disco then to a bussbar chamber to three 24 way DBs one feeding all the main high loads and the other to lighting and general power (big building.

I was called in on a weekend, as i was the engineer on call, to find out, and i quote,

`why the lights are flickering and all the ovens keep on reseting there timers`, ` what have YOU done to our electrics`,

You know what i mean on that one, all of us do !

So first things first, open up the DBs one by one, and have a look, well nothing wrong there,but at the disco i noticed another cable coming out, thinking, that dont look right, walks over to have a better look, moved a bit of 4 x 2 that was in the way, it hit the `new` bit of cable, it exploded, i hit the deck, and woke up in the ER. !!!

the long and short of it is,

there `Maintenance man come janitor wanted a new supply for his tempory cabin outside and decided that instead of calling the EC he would Wire it himself,

our company is in the prcess of a court action, and he is not employed any more,

the repair job/loss of trade/accident claim etc etc is gonna cost the firm about $190,000.!!!!

people should not tamper with electricity, we are trained time served and capable, also licensed ( well you are in the US but we are not in the UK .........Yet )