Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses, I have had a few calls with the electric provided over the last week or so re this matter and they have been really helpful, anyway it turns out that what has happened is as follows:-

1 week after i moved into the house unknown to me the electricity board (Southern Electric) came out and replaced my electric meter and never actually bothered to inform me of this fact. I had not noticed it had been replaced when i read the meter, anyway i looked in there again at the weekend and noticed a sticker on the inside of the door saying the meter has been replaced with the old and start readings, finally i get a bill for £40 so i'm happy with that.

The thing that annoys me is that they don't even let you know when they are coming to replace\have replaced the meter and explains why i had my server HDD and controller die on that day.

Overall TXU Energi i would give 10/10 for service and help, as for Southern Electric they better await the letter of complaint [Linked Image]

Am i right in thinking that the meters have to be replaced every 10 years in the UK, my neighbours have also had thirs done on the same date.

Cheers,

Jon.