fklusek: Echo all that Paul wrote. In fact, 230V without neutral is used in some countries in Europe. (e.g. Norway and Belgium) All single-phase equipment shall be designed to work with this system. Also the US 240V should be within the European 230V voltage tolerances. Therefore, the only problem I can see is the different frequency, but this is so obvious that I assume that you have already taken it into account.

Some 3-ph motors can be wired in both Delta and Wye to make it possible to run them on both 230 3-ph or 400V 3-ph. (And as you now, in some cases switching from wye to delta also be used as a way of starting motors, but that wasn't what I was thinking of.) If this is some other type of 3-ph equipment, it is likely to be 230/400V.

lyledunn:
The US has unlike most other countries not standardized the electric supply. Instead the most suitable situation for each case is choosen. This means that just about any system you can imagine is used in the US. If I'm not mistaken a corner grounded delta system will give you a ground and three lines with only three wires. As one wire is at ground potential, a 3-ph circuit will only need two fuses or one double-pole breaker instead of three fuses (breakers).