I like GE too, they improved the "fit " of the beakers do to complaints of them being loose.

I've worked industrial where we had safety gear head to tow and taped everything off with caution tape, never worked hot, etc...it also took all friggin' week to do a "normal" days work.

In residential, OSHA aside, the "woodies" like to have power to their tools, the "muddies" want lights to see by, etc, etc, and the guffaws will fly if you wear as much as a hardhat, (I've tested that one). Heck, just wear gloves around here and you're called a sissy.

I guess there's a "real world" view to all of this, I could just see myself showing up at a jobsite with a hardhat, safety glasses, full body harness, two lanyards, knee pads, shin guards, steel toe boots, leather gloves, tie off some caution tape, set up some orange cones, set up a tall ladder so I don't have to stand on the step with the danger sign, kill the main (or perhaps use a hotstick to kill the Xformer?) and change a light bulb. Yeah, they'd hire me back again... [Linked Image]

OK, so I exaggerate, but do you see my point?

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 05-08-2001).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI