Perhaps other Aussies aren't interested in things electrical...that's what I find anyway.
Talk about the design of plugs or light sockets and their eyes glaze over and you're thought of being a nut case. I mean I could talk about the different styles of old electrical fittings for hours and never shut up but who wants to listen? And how many other Aussies are fascinated with foreign wiring practices? People must think I'm nuts getting friends to bring me back light bulbs and electrical fittings from overseas instead of the usual sorts of souveniers.
The reality is that most people who work with electrical stuff do so simply as means for earning a living...there's no personal interest in it.
One other thing, I'd be posting much more here if one could upload pics directly.
I'd love to show more of wiring practices here and the sort of fittings used, as well as some of my own stuff but the hassle of emailing all the pics to a moderator and then having to link them to the post just makes it not worth it.
I can directly post pics on other forums I belong to so why not this one?

[This message has been edited by aussie240 (edited 09-11-2006).]