Quote

Our electrical equipment over here, must be able to withstand a continuous voltage of 245VAC,it is only in rural areas that the voltages, vary a wee bit, as we have ATC units(Auto-Tap-Changers),to set our voltage within 2.5% of the nominal voltage(230V).

Wow! Within 2.5%? Then you must have adjusted the voltage downwards for real, not just on the paper.

Quote

With respect to colour codes in our flexes,
the colour code was changed some years ago, to combat the problem with DIYers with colour-blindness, getting the Phase and Earth wires around the wrong way, this has killed a few people over here.

I had never thought of the problem with colour blindness until a guy came into the shop and wanted instructions on how to add or replace a socket. "I'm colour-blind, you see. But I've figured out that black is earth, right?" I convinced him to get an electrician to do this otherwise rather simple task. Black is live here!