Hi all, I have been an apprentice now for almost a year doing mostly commercial work. I find myself in the market for a new cordless drill. My old Makita 9volt seems to be dying. My company does not supply cordless drills and claims they are not "required" but it is almost impossible to be productive without one and the prospect of borrowing someone else's 10 times a day is unpleasant. I simply cannot afford a Milwaukee, DeWalt, or even another Makita right now or in the foreseeable future.

I am definitely looking in the under $100 price-range for a complete package range (and thats going to break the bank at that). After doing what research I could I am leaning very heavily towards a Ryobi 14.4 which comes with 2 one-hour fast charge batteries and charger for $80 at Home Depot. It says it has a 2-year warranty but I cannot find out if that covers commercial work as opposed to a homeowner DIY-type work. I know the thing will look beat up on the outside within a manner of weeks.

Ryobi's website lists a local service-shop as an authorized warranty center which is also a plus (no sending it through the mail at big $$$ if it does need service).

So I am ready to go buy but would like one last chance to hear any negative or positive opinions on Ryobi or any other comparably priced drills that would be a better investment. The guys I work with ALL own either a DeWalt or Milwaukee and have no opinions on Ryiobi other than that anything less than $150 must be garbage by default. Thanks.