Hard-wired meters instead of plug-in types seem to be the norm in most of Europe. The meters in France are of similar appearance.

The gray (2nd pic) or black (3rd pic) service fuse and cut-out you can see carries a cartridge fuse, generally between 60 and 100A for residential service, although there are still a few older services available with as little as 30A, but they're rare now. The neutral is just a bolted connection.

The service in the 2nd pic has the house ground just to a local rod, hence the absence of any grounding conductor in the box.

The 3rd pic shows the typical older service where grounding is to the cable armor.

The service neutral connection is where the grounding connection is made for houses wired for PME (Protective Multiple Earthing) -- Equivalent to normal U.S. practice.

Scott,
I'm not sure of the actual rating of that xfmr on the double pole. There is an ID plate on it but I couldn't make out the details.

I'm not sure whether the PoCo uses a stick on the 240/415V fuses or not. Possibly so for emergency load breaking to prevent getting close to a potential arc, but they're far enough down the pole for somebody to pull by hand from a ladder without getting anywhere near the 11kV.