Jooles - nice, very nice list of 'required equipment' [Linked Image]
At work:
Hardware: AMD XP2400 cpu, 1 gig of DDR memory, 2 - 60 gig Seagate drives in a RAID0 configuration, DVD reader, CD burner, zip drive, a couple of USB hard drives, and a 21" Viewsonic monitor, Soundblaster Audigy card pushes the tunes out to a Boston Acoustics 2 speaker + subwoofer sound system.
Software:
Certin/TRF Estimating System for the heavy estimating. Excel spreadsheets for simple bids and things like panel schedules with load calcs, fixture takeoffs on multi-story buildings, tracking changeorders on jobs, timesheets. Scanlink for downloading and generating reports from copper/fiber testers. Word for writing proposals and the like. AutoCAD 14 and 2000i for doing design work, modifying files for shop drawings, detail drawings, and asbuilts (errrr 'record drawings') LYNX Digital Photo Management software to organize and store the several thousand photos taken on various jobsites, prebid meetings, vacations, etc. Netscape is / was my primary browser and email, but I'm really liking my test run of Mozilla Firefox, and I'm going to try the Thunderbird email program they have.
Protection Software: Kapersky Anti-Virus, Agnitum Outpost Firewall (with Blocklist plugin), Agnitum Tauscan Trojan Scanner, Pest-Patrol (spyware scanner),Adaware (spyware scanner), Cookie Pal, Ad-Subtract.

Even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then