Scott,

Computers are something I find very absorbing and can really relate to. The technology, of course is really astonishing, but the way they (basically) work is very simple and rather easy to understand. Anything that you see on a Computer, or anything it does can be broken down into very simple and logical steps. Barring any component error, it is a rather 'Dumb' machine in that it only does what you tell it to do - exactly!. If it doesn't do what you want it to, chances are that you didn't tell it the right thing. Once you realize that and the extreme 'anality' it can display it doesn't look as intimidating.

I have enjoyed writing programs in basic, haven't had much time lately though. I build all my own computers and have had some quite interesting experiences trying to work out hardware and software incompatibility issues that often come from using hand-me-down and mis-matched components.

It gives a great feeling to be able to overcome problems and Master something as technically powerful as a modern PC. That's where it gets interesting! [Linked Image]

Bill

Bill