Hello all,

Looking for suggestions on a good and powerful Backup / Archive utility that has compression ability [.ZIP], or can be used with a ZIP utility.

Need to install on a few clients' small sized LANs [about 8 workstations max].

They are simple Peer-To-Peer networks [Win95], and each has a dedicated "File Server" machine that is used only to host a logged drive for workstations and archive important files [on a slave drive].

I installed PKZIP by PKware [common .zip utility], but it's not easy for them to figure out, or use it.

I do part time administration [if you could call it that [Linked Image]], which involves routine maintenance and manual archive / backup updates. This is once every few months.

Looking for a good utility that can be configured to save daily stuff at an off time, plus backup / update archives - all that good stuff! [Linked Image] and it needs to be something that a typical end user [non-geek] can work with, so I don't get those panic - emergency calls because something is too hard to understand.

By the way, it needs to be somewhat "Dummy Proof" [Linked Image] - to keep the tweekee gremlins from screwing up stuff [Linked Image]

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!