Scott, the old Level 3 Generic CADD used .dwg files. The 5.0 and 6.0 use .gcd Generic CADD Drawing files. If you use a (QU)it or (DS) drawing save command, it will save as the default .gcd. If you type (SA)ve, you are given choices including .gcd, .dxf, and the Level 3 .dwg formats. But you've made me notice something I never did before... I also have an (I)mage choice under (SA)ve. I can pick GX2, pcx, tif, bmp, img, or MSP 2.0 or MSP 1.0. I don't have a clue about a couple of these file formats. The bmp, tif, & pcx allow me to choose a black or white background. I can pick 2 or 16 colors for .pcx or .bmp. This will really help me to send drawings to those without Cadd programs. All this time I have been hitting the "print screen" and pasting into a Word .doc.

I just did a couple tests for file size. A B&W pcx is 7KB and a color is only 21KB. A tif or B&W bmp are both 38KB. Finally, a color bitmap is 151KB.

This is a Dos based program but I have run it in W95, 98SE, 2000, and XP. It's not supposed to run in Windows but I guess nobody has convinced it yet. The Level 3 ran in my 386-25 without problems but the redraws really got faster with the addition of the 387.
Joe