Hi Scott I am a typical American with ADD so you are asking to many questions at once.

You gotta spoon feed us. [Linked Image]

I have to provide rough drawn as builts to the office so our Cad operators can make professional looking ones to turn in.

1)Underground piping is only indicated as far as raceway size and where it comes from and goes to, we make no effort to actually show locations.

2)Overhead runs are also roughly indicated.

3)Circuit numbers are accurately updated, we try hard to keep them as indicated on the original print but some will end up moved for some reason or another.

4)Fire alarm, we do indicate where all devices are located and the rough path of the conductors.

If we tried to provide measurements to underground runs and they prove to be wrong we are in a worse position then just not providing measurements in the first place.

There are some jobs where we have to do as builts "to the extreme" these are usually jobs that have in house maintenance and facility people that know they are going to be stuck with bad as builts unless they start making some noise about the as builts from day one.

I have been way to honest here. [Linked Image]

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts