Where do you start to criticize something like this (and mind you, I'm not an electrician):
- What is the reason for all the holes punched in the ceiling? Clumsy footwork, bad initial placement of the ceiling cans, etc.?
- What's wrong with having two switches that are so close together mounted on a two-gang plaster ring, rather than separate boxes (and, as it appears, not even at the same height)?
- The sloppy, unsecured home runs to the breaker panel, and even the wiring inside it, have all the appearance of a poor temporary job at best. We have seen on this forum how neatly this work CAN be done by someone who cares about his workmanship. I see numerous white wires connected to breakers without being re-identified, and the panel itself seems awfully full for a new home, with very little room left for future additions. While this is a small thing, the installation of the service receptacle without using a close nipple or an offset really looks cheap.
- I don't know much about the service entrance cable from the meter to the panel inside, but using conduit in this space seems a much better choice, and probably a lot safer. Is the main breaker in the panel, in fact, the only main disconnect, or is there one next to the meter outside?
- I don't have a table for figuring wire fill, but it's even obvious to me that this box is way over the limit. Seeing six wirenuts in this box, including one on a single white wire, makes me think that the ex-EC even did a poor job of laying out this circuit.

Mike (mamills)