The switch controls the kitchen light, and is an extention from the original box, which is now hidden next to the refrigerator. The edge of that box is just visible beyond the second staple in picture #2.

The wiring actually appears to be #14 PVC jacketed hookup wire, not zipcord, and the staples are loose, acting as guide rings.
Fixing this is going to involve pulling the refrigerator, and drilling thru the post that the extention box is mounted to, into the side of the original box. there is not enough clearance for wiremold of any sort between the refrigerator and the wall.

The house is vintage mid-late 1940's, with several additions, and there are still a couple of K&T circuits in the older sections of the house.

My background is theatrical lighting and audio, with the last 7 years spent doing audiovisual production. I've been the business for a bit over 20 years.

I do handle temporary power distribution, tie-ins, generators, etc.. Not on a huge scale, mostly in the 60-400 amp range.

I'm basicly a Jack-Of-All-Trades, dealing with projection, lighting, audio, computer networking, radios, rigging, control systems, power distribution, and Unix, with a little carpentry thrown in for good measure.

Until I left my previous job, I was the main power guy in our shop. The campus electric shop wanted to charge us 4 hours, to do a tie-in that took me 10 minutes, and their work was nowhere near as clean. I've had to clean up their work (and that of hotel "electricians") before I was able to use it safely.

I've also been the master electrician for a local opera company for the last 18 years, holding the longest tenure of any member of the production staff.
It is important to note that the title "Master Electrician" has a slightly different meaning within the theatrical community, than it does in the EC community, but the idea is the same.

What do you have in your rack?

[This message has been edited by techie (edited 08-06-2005).]