btw, the grd bussing was not the neutral disconnect link.
The fixtures are your garden variety vaportight, like you'd have in a walk-in freezer, with cages. They mount to a roughed in 4"Square box with a mud ring.
An access panel would reveal nothing but the back of the box. dmattox would need to buy 80+ little pictures to cover them up
We didn't put them in. No more necessary or beneficial than an access behind each wall plug or switch would be.
The inspector would write nothing more than "Not ready for Inspection" or the like on any of the violation notices that I ever saw, after launching into his verbal manifesto . Talking to him would avail us nothing. He'd just tell us to call for a re-inspect when ready, and then leave.

There are no more inspections, Joe.
It's up and running.

Sadly, and as is almost always the case, we had a schedule that didn't allow us to challenge any of his good ideas (he had many, many more, a couple of which we just ignored). We just complied with his requests for the most part, because each reinspect would cost us at least ahother day [Linked Image]

That's the biggest problem of all, I think.

Unfettered, he's doing the same to someone else who has a completion date today. I can imagine the scrambling that some poor contractor is doing this morning to keep his tail out of a Liquidated Damages situation by complying with the inspector's demands.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 11-18-2004).]