I was working EMS one day when we received a call for a severe bee-sting/anaphylaxis victim. An EC was called to a residence to look at doing a service upgrade. On the outside of the house was located one of these "dog-houses" containing not only a meter and two discos, but a LARGE colony of bees and an even larger honeycomb - so large in fact that it almost completely covered the meter can and the discos! [Linked Image] This was one of these setups where the equipment was not actually fastened to the exterior siding of the house, but instead was mounted inside the wall, between the studs, and the doghouse built out over the whole affair with only a poorly fitted round hole for the protruding meter face - excellent bee entry. I don't know if they ever got all the bees and honeycombs out of that house...I certainly never returned to find out, and the EC (a friend of mine) told me later that he never went back either.

Those little beasties proved to be a most unpleasent surprise... I guess no one noticed the little guys coming and going [Linked Image].

Mike (mamills)