I was there to document......Photograph..... the properties condition.......not expecting this........

IN THE TOP PHOTO
On the neighbor's property......empty for about 12 years?.....This old pole with this still energized service.........This served as the service entry many years ago......Fitted with circuit breakers (the punched out 'deadfront' was on the ground).........of course the cover is raised in the photo, with dangerous potential..........The #12 wires are run thru the open box (there is an open, unused, single 1" knock out in the bottom of the box)...........I checked the original photo and the White is connected to neutral......Just 120!.........The cord's grnd is cut/broken off..........

BOTTOM PHOTO ...OPEN DOOR
The subject house.....power disconnected(meter lock) a month ago($$)........The 50' orange #14 extension cord runs thru the open aluminum entry door......under the main panel cover.........I didn't photograph what/how he powered from there but the cord was intact ....... as I remember he disconnected wires at breakers and connected them w/#12 and "pressure" inserted into female extension cord end....several lighting circuits and of course the TV....and white #12 jumper to neutral........You can just see the service entering via 'conduit'/LB to exterior meter head.......