That manufacturers rep line of b******* has been used so many times by thier lazy get my comission and run clowns. Have also heard it from general contractors who come into a city for one or two jobs.
Strange thing is when you ask where and on what job they could "get away with it" , either they cannot/willnot say, or it was far away.
Had one general tell me that line then mention the exact location of the job. Later I happened to pass thru that city during a vacation trip. I stopped by the job site, then went to see the local inspector. When I asked the local inspector about what that general had claimed, the inspector said "That lying son of a b****, H*** no, we do not allow that type of cra* work.
As far as I am concerned, It just a crybaby line of b***. I usually tell them "GROW UP". I then call in the inspectors and ask for a inspection of that item. When it's red tagged, I write up a change order. Have even recomended different manufactors equipment.
Strange when junk work costs a general/owner money how fast that line is dropped.

ed