Capt19,
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.
I believe that your installation is an Article 520 application
According to the 2002 NEC Handbook, notice the following:
"Article 525 addresses the installation of portable wiring an equipment for temporary attractions, such as carnivales, circuses, and fairs. Article 525 is intended to apply to all wiring in or on portable structures, whereas Articles 518 and 520 apply to permanent structures.....Article 527 applies more to construction sites...."

Frank,
Is this installation going to be for the 4th of July? Sounds like a big holiday event.
The more I look at this installation, the more I feel that you don't need GFI protection. 525.23(A) is intended for 15 & 20 amp General Use Receptacles rated at 125 volts. 525.23(B) says you don't have to put it on cooking, etc. equipment. Last but not least, 23(C) says, "You can if you want to, or....ensure the safety of the equipment grounging conductors for all cord sets and receptacles, as described in 527.6(B)(2)." My next question would be, does your company have a "written assured equipment grounding conductor program"? Then the next question would be, will someone from your company be on "standby" for the duration of the event? So that they can be the "designated person to ensure that receptacles, etc.....are maintained in accordance with the applicable requirements of 250.114, 250.138, 406.3(C), and 527.4(D)."
Frank,
You have some room to work within this article. Heck, you might be able to go to the customer, and get an "extra" because you need a man on standby for the duration of the event. Ching! Ching! See, I'm making money for you right now, and I'm not even on the payroll. [Linked Image]

Trying to get on Frank's payroll,
Doc

P.S.
Capt, I submit this, not at your expence, but to our expance, of knowledge, that is. Respectfully...........Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX