It's only a matter of time before the NEC allows the use of surface run exposed cables for permanent installations within our homes. Electricians will become a thing of the past. The big box places will sell kits to wire rooms, houses, garages. All of it will plug in and run along the wall surface or baseboard stuck down with ape brand glue.

It's getting crazy in the industrial environment. All the field bus networks are running on cords and cables. In an area and time when you'd want RMC the industrial production equipment is shifting towards cords. It's all the manufacturers pushing for this because they can sell a new product.

I can hear my yet to be born son and future electrician asking me 'daddy what's conduit?' Hopefully I'll be dead and buried when it happens.

Nice installation. Whenever someone mentions ground bars and subpanels I recall being at my uncle's house as a teenager and wiring up some receptacles. There was a subpanel back in the corner of the basement...when I touched it I got a shock. At the time I didn't understand why AND I luckily I wasn't wiring anything into it. Obviously a serious loss of that mischievous white wire....and/or lack of ground…or both…or neither.

RSlater,
RSmike