Congrats!!

Who gave the test? IAEI?

My suggestion is that if you are not sure about a code in the field, don't hesitate to tell the contractor that you will have to check it out and get back with him. Then be prompt in searching out your answer and getting back with him. Often the NEC will not be enough, you will need to have the UL books or go on their web site to investigate a product, or a manufacturer's site to get their installation instructions.

Other than that bring your digital camera to all the jobs because when you see the blunders or oddities, it is a good way to document them. You could also then create handouts to other contractors showing some of the more common errors or code misconceptions.

The hardest thing for me was realizing how many different ways the same thing can be done and trying to determine if it was a proper installation. I was taught to do things a certain way (most of it was even the correct way) but every electrician has their own little twist and you have to look at the unfamiliar installations a little longer until you get use to seeing what is right and what is not. There has got to be several hundred different ways to install your typical Hub/strap/clamp combination and at least 100 of them are wrong.

Good luck stick with it, give yourself time to adapt, and be prepared to eat crow once in a while because some contractors are very good and there is always someone who has been doing it longer than you.
Happy Learning!!