quote:
"...some sort of attempt to provide extra weatherproofing during the winter...."
LOL!!! The WINTER!?!?! J.H.C.!! I must inform you, dear readers from sunnier climes, of the weather conditions pertaining in a normal English Summer, ie driving horizonal rain, gale force winds with full ash-cans flying gaily up the seafront at 80mph. Umbrellas torn inside out, saturated old men clinging desperately at 45 degree angles to large and stolid wives, sheets of ice-cold green sea-water full of small creatures being flung hundreds of yards inland. And the stoic, undeafeatable English holidaymakers, determined to enjoy themselves and cowering soaked-but-happy in the little shelters on the Front, saying "Mustn't grumble, it was nice last Wednesday!" I used to love those holidays at Margate or Clacton or Burnham-on-Sea, Dad with a knotted-handkerchief perched on his head, trousers rolled up, smoking a "Woodbine" & day-dreaming of personally castrating Hitler with two bricks. Gran fast-asleep in a deckchair, toothless old mouth gaping and with my sister secretly weaving seaweed into her hair or putting live crabs in her hand-bag, and dear, dear old Ma paddling happy in the surf. All of us anticipating "High Tea" (with "Spam")at the Guest-House. You know the saddest thing about those pictures?, it's the little meter. The site owners will double or treble the price of the electricity for those little 'vans.
Alan

Wood work but can't!