The specs call for 500 amps @ 240 volt, single phase for job trailers. The Utility is probably not going to provide that type of service. They will probably want to give us a three phase 480 volt set up. Part of the problem is that the utility company's transformers are over a 1,500' away. I wouldn't want to bring 500 amps @ 240 volts that distance, even if they would provide it. I'm thinking about bringing 150 amps @ 480, 3 phase from the utility to the job trailers, and feeding (3) single phase 45 KVA 480/240-120 volt transformers. Transformer 1 across phases A&B, transformer 2 across phases B&C, and transformer 3 across phases A&C. I will be setting fusible disconnects on the primary side of each transformer. The biggest problem that I have concerns the wording of the spec. It says "a 500 amp, 240 volt power source". The word "a" as we all know means one, and will they consider the (3) transformers as not meeting the specs. I'm going to place a call to the contractor tomorrow, and we should be able to settle the problem, but I thought that I would "throw" the situation out here, and see the discussion. Any input would be obliged.

Temporarily Insane,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX