e57,

I belive that your read of 210.4 is not correct.

'Nominal Voltage' is clearly defined in article 100, and if you happen to have two delta-wye transformer sets, 30 degrees out of phase (fed from different MV distribution), one with 206V line to line and 119V line to neutral, the other with 212V line to line, 122V line to neutral, these both would be 208Y/120V systems.

Furthermore, 210.4 only applies to multiwire branch circuits.

210.5 speaks to Branch Circuits in general, and doesn't mention any coding requirements for the ungrounded conductors of different systems.

IMHO your interpretation of the code is 'how it should' read [Linked Image] Furthermore, I think that the coding we are discussing here is good workmanship.

But as I read things there is no requirement that the ungrounded conductors be any color at all, as long as they are not white, grey, or green. All of the ungrounded conductors from all of the systems could be black.

Note that if we go into this a bit further, if there are _any_ systems anywhere in this building, even ones totally not connected to the services in question, that operate at a different nominal voltage, then 210.4D would apply. So if these lights are supplied by multiwire circuits, then explicit coding/identification would be required for all conductors, which might be more trouble than simply running the circuits in separate conduit.

-Jon