A clarification: If the wiring from the two different panels, are indeed from seperate system transformers, then ALL of the wiring needs to be identified to each system. Neutrals, Phase, and control/switching too.

See 200.6D for neutrals, and 210.4D

210.4(D) Identification of Ungrounded Conductors. Where more than one nominal voltage system exists in a building, each ungrounded conductor of a multiwire branch circuit, where accessible, shall be identified by phase and system. This means of identification shall be permitted to be by separate color coding, marking tape, tagging, or other approved means and shall be permanently posted at each branch-circuit panelboard.

The way I have understood this, is that identification is required for each system, not just when they are of a different voltage. Like if you have 120/208, and 277/480 in the same conduit, the same would be true for two different systems of 120/208, or two different 277/480's. This reduces the chances of connecting them, and coming up an 8-wire some weird voltage system. As they are two seperate voltages even if they are the same! What voltage do you get from A1 - A2?

And yes, striped wire is the best way I know of doing this. I get it for the same price as I do regular wire, just have to wait longer for it. If in a rush I get NAILED on shipping though.

Now no one has brought this up... How are these two systems or even if the are just different panels bonded together? The conduit with the lights on it? A water line?

I beleive they need to be grounded at the same place and be sized from Table 250.66.

Now wait... The grounds for each service, from seperate power stations, are MILE APART?! Hope the guy putting the coupling for this together has a WILL. As reguardless of bonding, your lighting conduit will be a parralel path to ground for each service, and likewise the bare-handed guy putting it together.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 06-27-2005).]

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 06-27-2005).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason