The code book is a classic example of folks looking at the detailed data too much for too long.

In my first contract situation there was a huge error found only after the contract was signed and we had to finish developing the billing module in the software and it came to light that the agreement was priced incorrectly. "We" had agreed to price equipment at a much lower'drop ship' price for installed equipment which included a 1-year warranty rather than having it priced in a 2-tier structure with a reasonable mark up for installed/warranteed equipment. The two distinctions showed up in all the verbage throughout the contract except in the pricing. [Linked Image]

The Director was livid as this was discovered months after work had begun. In his rage he said that uninformed, uninvolved people could've detected the discrepancy better than the 'red team review' had simply because they would've questioned the 'hanging' nature of the 2nd tier mentioned so frequently throughout. To make a long story longer, [Linked Image] I have no idea what it cost the company (a BIG company that no longer exists) but I can say it probably cost someone their job!

Perhaps the NEC folks could hire the proofing out to catch some of the 'readability' issues.