gary long:

Thanks for your kind words -- they were a reminder for me -- "BC & BI" -- "BEFORE COMPUTERS" & "BEFORE INTERNET"

I was always interested in the code, and I still have my first copy of the 1965 edition, you should see some of my collection of early code books, they all look like the rainbow because of the notes in red and yellow, and even in green for grounding.

What I am trying to get at, is that I always sat and read the code. I can honestly say that I read it cover to cover over 20 times during the 1968 through the 1978 edition, that probablly was the reason I was sure that I would pass my electrician's licenses, many electrical inspector's tests back then, and like Frank said I always had a positive attitude.

Another way to learn where the rules are located is to take the index and put it in the front of the book. This is easier when you have the looseleaf version, but can be accomplished if you want.

I am aware of some cities, states, and the testing agencies that do not allow use of a code book during the test, but disagree with that very much, although using blank pages do serve well for notes when they can be found in between the covers, or at the rear.

Study and Study Hard, you will pass for sure!!

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 01-25-2002).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant